My favourite item on menu in Pizza Hut has always been the Garlic Bread. Buttery, garlicky toasted breads drizzled with chilli flakes or cheese. Sometimes, I preferred it more than a pizza.
As kids, we would always try to replicate the garlic bread at home, slathering bread with butter and chopped garlic, and then toasting them on a griddle. It would taste good, but the pieces of garlic would flip out of the bread. And we would be left with a mildly garlic flavored bread and burning bits of garlic.
This continued, until the time we found a super efficient formula for this easy garlic butter. Whisking the butter and adding finely chopped pieces of garlic, is all it takes to make this butter. Some dried parsley to balance the garlic flavor. In 5 minutes, you have a home made delicious spread. Slather it on bread and toast it, put a spoonful on a hot paratha or simply brush it on to a lavaash before eating. It can also be used to sauté vegetables in place of oil or regular butter.
Note : Add a pich of salt if using unsalted butter.
Garlic Butter recipe
Yield : 100 gms garlic butter
- 100 gm regular butter
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried, finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (3-4 large cloves)
- Let butter soften at room temperature and in a big bowl whisk it vigorously for 2-3 mins till it becomes pale in color. You can also use an electric whisker for 1-2 mins to beat butter.
- Add parsley, garlic and pepper.
- Whisk for another 50-60 seconds till it gets completely integrated and garlic starts releasing its flavors.
The main aim here is to incorporate as much air as possible to make the butter very light and fragrant.
Store it in an air-tight container. It will stay fresh even upto a month in the refrigerator. Before using, slightly warm it in a microwave.
Have fun topping it up on everything that is being cooked in the kitchen. 🙂