I have often heard people lament about the fact that chicken breasts are the least flavourful of them all. But I was a vegetarian before I got married about 4 years back and though we love some really good tangdi kebabs, we prefer the boneless breasts when cooking at home. So I have a collection of very easy to make yet delicious boneless chicken breast recipes for everyday cooking. And they don’t need a lot of marination time. Just half hour of marinating it in some spices or lemon or curd and they are ready to be cooked.
This today is a house favourite over the last few months. Mint and Pepper Cream chicken. I have adapted it from the TheShirazine.com. The original recipe does not have pudina or mint leaves in it, but I love the of zing of mint leaves in fresh cream based gravies.
Mint and Pepper Butter Chicken
What you will need :
- 400 grams boneless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch or so pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more as per taste)
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder, freshly ground
- 2-3 tablespoon mint leaves (pudina), crushed + few for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12-15 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh cream + 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
What to do :
- Marinate the chicken breasts in soy sauce, salt, pepper and chilli powder and mint leavesfor about 30 minutes
- In a pan or kadhai, heat some olive oil, fry the chopped garlic till translucent. Add the chicken pieces and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes till 80% cooked.
- Then add the cream, water and milk and mix well. Check taste and add more salt if required. Cover it and let it cook further for 5-6 minutes on medium heat till chicken is fully cooked and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve hot with bhakri or rotis.