Ganache is a very versatile combination of cream and chocolate that can be used to decorate cakes and give that powerful flavour and slight moisture. it is one of my favourite way to eat a cake – topped with some ganache.
What you will need :
- 250 grams semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 170 ml fresh cream (I use 25% fat Amul cream)
- 25 grams salted butter (I use Amul)
What to do :
- Put the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat the fresh cream and butter in a saucepan at medium heat till it starts sizzling on the sides. Take it off the heat just as it starts to boil.
- Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and immediately put a lid on it.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and then whisk it well till it is smooth and glossy.
- Ganache is ready.
- Let the ganache cool down while whisking at intervals. In the beginning it is of pourable consistency and then it will thicken as it cools down. Thick ganache is good for piping and filling.
Example of poured ganache when it is still warm :
Example of piped ganache when it cools down :