This one is for those hot summer days when you want to cook something fancy but don’t want to spend too much time cooking. And what better excuse to keep drinking wine during the day than cooking with it? Here you go, very flavourful chicken and mushrooms in red wine sauce.
What you will need :
- 3 whole chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 300 grams mushroom, washed and chopped
- 2 + 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 + 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- coriander or mint for garnish
What to do :
- Marinate the chicken in salt and pepper and keep aside for 15 mins.
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoon oil + 2 tablespoon butter.
- Brown the chicken pieces on both sides in 2 batches. Remove with a tong and keep them aside.
- In a wok or Kadhai, transfer the remaining fat from the skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoon of butter and oil.
- Sauce the onions and mushrooms till soft and golden brown. Stir occasionally till the water of the mushrooms evaporates.
- Add the chicken broth + 1 cup water and let it come to a boil.
- Then add the red wine and cook it for about 5 minutes till the wine evaporates.
- Simmer the sauce until gravy is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper as per taste.
- Then add the chicken pieces and let it further cook for 2-3 mins.
- Serve with rice soaking up the delicious jus.
- Garnish with some finely chopped coriander.
- This can also be made with halved chicken breasts roasted and added to the gravy instead of chopping it into pieces. If you have 3-4 people, then this is a better option to serve each one a piece.
2. If you simmer it further to reduce the grave then it can also be eaten as an excellent snack.
Thank you ffor being you