We Indians have been experimenting with the Vegetable Manchurian and the Fried Rice since ages, to get that perfect taste and texture to suit the Indian palette. The inimitable smell of fresh garlic, onions and chillies being sauteed already creates a background for the delectable Manchurian. And of course, the long grained Basmati with a dash of favoured vegetables. Makes for one colorful and dainty main course!
What you will need:
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup french beans- thinly sliced into diagonal pieces
- 1/2 cup carrot cut into thin long strips
- 1 cup chopped spring onion whites
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 chopped spring onion greens
- Salt to taste
The Penne pasta especially the ridged one, is an excellent sauce-grabber! The hollows of the pasta hold the sauce inside and the ridges on the outside. Done in white sauce, you will lick the cheesiness off your fingers for quite a while!
And adding shredded chicken, makes it all the more juicy.
What you need :
For the pasta
- 250 gms pasta
- 250 gms boneless chicken breast (i always use the frozen!) – cut into 2 inch pieces , marinated for at least 15 mins in lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt and chilli powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 4 medium size shredded onions
- 1 cup Cheese spread or grated cheese
- 1 tbsp mixed herb seasoning/ pepper and chilli flakes
- 2 cups water
This is a classic version of chicken with really just 3 basic ingredients. Chicken , cheese and monaco biscuits, or any other non sweet crackers.
- 500 gms boneless chicken breast
- 12-13 salted monaco crackers
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese
Garlic paste and lemon for marination and Salt and chilli powder to taste
Cut the chicken into pieces of about 2-3 inches. Marinate it in garlic paste and lemon juice and set it aside for at-least 15 minutes. Mix some salt and chili powder, as per taste. Put very little salt, as the crackers and cheese already contain a lot of salt..
Then, put the monaco biscuits in a mixer and shred it to a coarse powder.
Now simply, roll a piece of chicken in the cracker crumbs and then in cheese and place it on a non stick pan. Add a little butter while cooking.
It will be soft and hydrates in about 5-7 minutes depending on the size of chicken pieces. Serve it with ketchup!